5 Ways You Can Boost Traffic and Build Links Using Trending Topics
SEO may seem complicated to a lot of professionals, but it is very simple actually. Read our blog to know: 5 Ways You Can Boost Traffic and Build Links Using Trending Topics!
Simply put, building high-quality links and generating heavy, targeted traffic to a website will eventually lead to higher conversions. And, this is what every business looks forward to. But, how do you achieve that? The answer is as easy as it gets – creating appealing, engaging, and SEO-friendly content on topics that define your brand, your vision, and your products and services clearly to your consumer. When you generate content keeping in mind the above target, you almost guarantee yourself great-quality links and a steady stream of organic traffic.
Depending on your site’s popularity purely on content can be challenging for the fact that in the content world, what is trending today would almost always be outdated in a couple of days. To resolve this dilemma, it is important that you consider the following suggestions that will ultimately help you stay in the loop with the most trending topics, which in turn will help you gain genuine links and boost traffic:
Stay in-sync with tools that help with trending topics
The first and the most significant step in creating viral content is to stay ahead of your competitors and possibly, the trend. By the time you see a plethora of articles on a particular topic, it may be too late for you to ride the same wave. While creating content, you must always remember the age-old saying “the early bird gets the worm”. This is why you need to stay on top of popular tools that are considered the go-to places for the latest topics.
- Google Trends – One of the most amazing tools to keep a tab of trending topics in your niche, Google trends shows you the top ranking keywords for any topic of your choice. It also gives you the liberty to sort topics based on region and date.
- Reddit – A feature of Reddit, Subreddit is a discussion forum which allows people from all over the world talk about a number of things that are in focus. Subreddit covers all types of domains you can think of. The discussion forum also gives you an opportunity to engage with other people and presents you with an opening to future possibilities for your business. Furthermore, you can also promote your own content along with searching for trends in Reddit.
- Facebook – If you can ignore the passive-aggressive nature of Facebook users for once, you will find several communities all over the world that have been formed by like-minded people to exchange information with one another across global borders. Be a part of communities that are relevant to your sector and keep a track of what users in your community are talking about. Use Facebook to create polls and surveys within your consumer group to find out what they are interested in.
- Twitter – Among all the social media channels, Twitter is the hotbed for all trending topics. From celebrity news, industry news to national and international issues, Twitter gives you the most trending topics in all aspects of life. You can use the platform to follow brands, public personalities, check popular hashtags, as well as keep an eye on the “trending” section.
Generate innovate content ideas
Once you have made a list of trending topics in your line of work/business, the next step is to look for opportunities that allow you to generate unique content. Doing this requires you to think beyond writing an opinion piece or produce a spinoff version of an existing article. In fact, the best way to start is thinking out of the box – start with what you already know i.e. your brand. If you know your brand and your audience thoroughly, you already have a head start. Before you start creating your content, you must answer the following questions:
- What is your audience most interested in? Are they interested in a trending topic or do they have something more pressing on their mind? You can use surveys and polls to ask your audience about their interest.
- Is there a gap between what is currently the trending topic and the information that is floating around? Have your competitors missed an angle that you can use to your benefit? Do you have a fresh perspective to offer on the current topic?
- What are your competitors talking about? Keep in mind that your competitors, just like you, would also be after the trending topics. That doesn’t mean you can’t cover the same. What it means is that you need to present the same topic with a different angle. Use data, statistics, infographic, and such interesting elements that give your content a fresh face.
- What kind of content is most appropriate for your business or niche? This would require a fair amount of research on your part but once you search the popular keywords, you would be able to find content that has been performing well. If any of the content has gained several high-quality links, you can try and dissect their format and strategy.
Develop Shareable, winning content:
Creating interesting, shareable content surrounding the latest topics has great benefits and outcomes. While it may take some trial and error to get the hang of it, the safe bet is that it doesn’t require a lot of investment. That being said, there are a few tips and tricks that you must consider for generating content that will help you boost traffic and build links for your website.
- Choose the best format – While blog posts are the most acceptable format for content, it is always a good idea to play with it. Get a bit creative and try creating listicles or a cartoon or an infographic. Readers are more likely to be attracted to a new presentation of content than the same old reading through paragraphs of content.
- Tailor your content for a broad audience – More often than not, you generate content for a targeted audience, especially if you want to gain links. However, what your goal should be is to create content that reaches a wider audience and is shared instantly. By creating content for a broad audience, you increase the chances of your content being shared across the internet. It may not be the most conversion-friendly piece, but, in the end, it will help generate more traffic and attract links.
- Add visual content – Adding visual elements such as images, cartoon strips, infographic, data representation, and videos to your content (as applicable) makes your content more visually appealing to your readers and encourages sharing.
- Optimize for search and sharing – If traffic and links are the main objectives behind creating content, then you must optimize your content for search engines by following the best and the latest SEO practices. Additionally, enable sharing buttons for your content and make them accessible all across the website to make it easier for your users to share your content.
Repurpose Across Platforms
Once your content is ready to share, it is time for you to draw out a proper strategy for sharing the content – which is the platforms you should target and how should you share your content on those platforms. Sharing a post on Facebook and forgetting about it won’t do the trick. If managing social media isn’t your forte, it may be a good idea to hire or seek help from someone who can help you chalk out a strategy for content marketing for your business. If you don’t have the budget to hire a social media manager, try the following options:
- Add images from your post to your Instagram stories
- Use the Facebook Live option to speak about the topic covered in your content
- Join Facebook groups that discuss your niche and use them to circulate your content with a relevant audience
- Make use of Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns
- Use applications like MailChimp to create an e-mail campaign to deliver your content to your existing users and include links to your content
- Run contests on social media platforms with rewards in exchange for social shares from the participants
- Create a slide video with a voiceover from your written content. This can be shared on YouTube.
- Connect with influencers who will promote your content
- Contact people in your network to share your content
There are several ways trending content can help you generate traffic to your site and build links. Additionally, It helps in brand awareness, engagement at a broad level, and brand building. You must always stay on top of the most trending topics, be on the lookout for opportunities, and create content that is meant to attract your consumers to a level where they not only like what they read but feel compelled to share it.